Friday, June 03, 2005

"Friends, Lovers, & Other Ramblings..."

-- June 3rd, 2005 --

I know that what you do in the past may come back to bite you in your buttocks, but -- dang, man -- I don't know what I did to get this type of reaction. Maybe I am overreacting to the situation itself. It HAS been a couple of days since it occured... but I just can't help thinking that if there is more that lies beneath the surface. The situation is not one that is really needed to repeat, but I will say that it's never cool to switch roles in the middle of a production. In other words, I don't really know why what occured even happened. So, I pray to God that it doesn't happen because it wasn't cool and it really rubbed me differently.

Love is a powerful and beautiful event when all the players act accordingly. Even when one flubs their lines -- the result is something that is heavenly between those who play their roles. I continuously speak upon the love of the one in my life and I tell her how I feel and what my aspirations are with this relationship. My mentality is now focused on being able to establish a future with her -- not just marriage. I mean -- I am focused on that right now as well, don't get it twisted -- but, I know it is imperative to have some sort of stability planted down besides being under the impression that the love is there deep within our hearts and that we want to spend the rest of our experiences on Earth... together. So... my first goal is to keep my bills down to a minimal and continue to stack chips. I am going to try and limit my splurging and hold back on the cheap talk. If my baby understands that that is what I am trying to do in order to be more responsible and independent (as well as) -- set a path for both of us to be able to live comfortably.

Please believe me, the road to a happy relationship/marriage/et cetera is not paved in gold and platinum. It is a road mired with hard work and dedication. I am dedicated to her more than most people would like. Which is unfortunate to hear -- but all in all, I love her and her heart is what I work towards earning and keeping. I mean in the time that we're together, I still don't feel as if I have her 100%. No, I am not saying that negatively -- I am saying that I challenge myself to keep it fresh between the both of us. Which is what anyone would really want in there relationship.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Black men walkin' with White girls on they arms,
I be mad at them -- as if I know they moms..."
-- Common "Real People" --


I know that urks me -- does it urk you? I really don't see what all the fascination is with white women. I love my Black women (G.P. specifically) too much to test the waters. Too many sharks infesting (aka the KKK) to even play that route. You see what happened to our stars -- Kobe... O.J. Simpson... Taye Diggs... Cuba Gooding, Jr.? They've all fallen off in one point or the other and it's unfortunate because they could've been somebodies.
Lastly, for my baby -- I know you're reading this (like you always do) -- so here, let me hip you to something.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Lastly, before I go -- is one of the greatest advocates for the Black cause a homosexual (or bisexual)?!!? If so, does anyone really care?


Until next time folks. Be Blessed and Stay Righteous. Enjoy your summer...

3 Comments:

Blogger Danja said...

"I am dedicated to her more than most people would like. Which is unfortunate to hear -- but all in all, I love her and her heart is what I work towards earning and keeping"

TRUE SPEAK!!!

I, too, am experiencing this love thing and reveling in it and have found that there are some people who are just not happy about it. How sad is it when people are working together to create, nuture, and cultivate Black Love and folks are not 100% supportive? Do YOU. Dedicate everything you have to this woman, regardless of what others think. Give what you KNOW in your heart, mind, and soul is needed to be given to secure this relationship.

i love it!

June 4, 2005 at 8:03 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Yea...I just got the Jag...and looking forward to listening to it.

June 6, 2005 at 8:18 PM

 
Blogger Juli said...

You just HAD to throw that black man/white woman comment in there, eh?
Well, I'm one of THOSE women. One of THEM. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUNNN! Beware because we are the devil. We seek to bed black men, and then destroy them.
But seriously though, can you not imagine that there are people out there that date people they are attracted to? People that they have something in common with? Can you imagine that there are people that don't look at their skin color as the most important thing to have in common? It is so BACK WOODS to take personal issue with 2 random people that decided to forge a relationship together. I do not PROMOTE interracial dating. To each their own. But come on now. You make it sound like white women are up to no good or something! We're in the pursuit of happiness just like everyone else!

June 9, 2005 at 2:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home