Friday, May 13, 2005

"The Evolution of Us" Part II

-- May 13th, 2005 --

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Life is never pretty. In fact, it's pretty gully -- filled with adversity and triumphs all strewn in the same wavelength. You rise and you fall. One day you're on top, the next you're not. The evolution of you and I, Ms. P. -- is a beautiful thing. Next month marks the half-way mark to a short-term goal. Next month is the celebration of your birth. In a few days, you will not be millions of miles away, you'll be right around the way. The test truly begins (read the last post to understand why this test can be passed or failed depending on you and I...). I am not in it to lose you. I am not a part of so many people in your life to be on the outs. I am yours. A big sentiment that should say a lot. Especially given the fact that too many men nowadays are looking for the quick hit rather than the long stay. My father seems to be able to do it with all the malarky that comes up (or doesn't) in their relationship. I mean, he deals with my mom -- and THAT IS a handful. Your parents have made it work for what, 40 years?!!? Here's to 40 more with them. You come from a great background -- and even if mines isn't as sturdy, I am not them. I have proven it to be such and that I can and will be the man that needs to be in your life.

Here's to the evolution of us -- that we can continue to blossom and learn more about each other and that our differences doesn't deter us from loving each other for life. It's going to take my lifetime to love you and I gladly give my all to accomplish that feat. It's going to take my lifetime to learn you and I am definitely a life-long learner. All of those feelings that I have for you is right here -- in my heart -- and I love you for life. Please understand that and cherish. Let it be known how you feel -- show me, tell me, I need to hear it from you as I say it to you -- it's just a beautiful thing to revel in the fact that love is our nest and that we're soon to call it home.

I love you. Nothing can stop that or change that. You're my guardian angel. I love you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dayrell said...

This was great Kev. Made me smile... :))

PS: You just keep coming hard with these posts huh? I sista can hardly catch up the read them all! LOL.

May 14, 2005 at 4:16 PM

 
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

good post, no doubt.

May 18, 2005 at 1:01 PM

 
Blogger Kelley Webb said...

Awww glad to see that you are in love. I know where you are coming from. It took a long time to be here, but patience is a virtue and you have found what you have been looking for so have I. I have learned to love because of Will. It is such a great feeling.

May 20, 2005 at 6:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home