Thursday, December 30, 2004

"Soul To Soul"

-- December 30th, 2004 --



Critics, haters, disrespectful Negroes, chickenheaded Sistahs -- all beware... I am IN love... I welcome you all in the challenge of telling me why I am wrong, why it seems like it's too soon, why this, why that... You'll have a hell of a time trying to prove me otherwise. There will always be someone trying to knock you down -- but the question why when it comes to matters of the heart?

This woman is mines. Understand that when you see her, you see me -- and vice versa. Our relationship is one where it is a friendship first, dramatics don't play a part in our union. The underestimations that those who choose to believe that this isn't a thing that'll last can frankly -- kiss my ass. Does this go out to anyone in particular -- maybe? Maybe not? You be the judge.

It's a beautiful thing when someone loves you back. When they love you as an equal and not in regards of what you can do for them, as opposed to what you can do with them. She loves me for who I am. My faults, my shortcomings, even my broke status -- and I her. I see the connection that we have and appreciate the blessing that it is. Instead of letting it continue to be something there in disguise, masked as a feeling that we both shared, but never admitted too -- I am letting the cat out of the bag, so to speak. She is my rib. It's funny -- I thought that I would never love anyone because it was hard to trust people (see how close love and trust are...) -- but with her we are always at ease.

Trust, hmm... That is such a big word seldomly used nowadays. You see it on TV with shows like "Cheaters" and "The Maury Povich Show" with its paternity tests. In our music, you don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many painful songs in R&B you hear from your favorite contemporary artists to the "fuck-a-bitch" anthems that decorate any said rapper in the Rap genre. Have our lives become that fragile to where we crumble at the mere sight of an indiscretion? This is not to say that I condone any dastardly deed in a relationship. But I say to you this -- our music, our programming -- reflects the times, it tells the tale about how we as a people feel. So, is it safe to say that we're afraid to love? In the midst of turmoil, what do we have left in this World -- EXCEPT -- love?!!? Love is a chance at fulfilling your soul.

But is that a chance that people are willing to take? I am. Haters don't seem to recognize that attribute. For the fear that they withhold inside of themselves, spending time deconstructing the means of my relationship, they starve their own nourishment of their soul. My woman feeds my soul, as much as she can when she cooks for me. My woman instills growth and security in my ability to effectly love her as being her man. I see a future with her, defined as a goal, revealed as truth in my heart. And you know what they say about envisioning your goal down the road -- you'll always strive to succeed and see that goal accomplished. My life, my love, my heart is hers to co-own. I again say, that she is my rib. My vision is definitely 20/20.

Love is blind. That's how the saying goes. But it is a sight to behold for those who appreciate it and let is grow. Do you think the Greats don't see that and enjoy it? Ozzie Davis & Ruby Dee, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith are just a few examples. Do you not think that they love each other? Sure, there are going to be rough moments. There are going to be times when you don't see eye to eye, when you might NOT agree with one another -- but if you let that become the definition of your relationship then you need not be in anymore. Love is our ultimate goal. Loving each other just happens to be the benefit of having a unified desire in mind. I Love my Lady Love -- there is no other way that you can tell me different. Not saying that those in the past have affected me negatively, nor saying that the future is certain...

Because it is sure if you feel it in your heart, and the person accompanying you on your journey is as well. A healthy partnership breeds a healthy relationship -- just as it is in business, the same can be said when concerning matters of the heart... and her heart matters to me.

She has touched my soul in a way where it breathes life into anything that I set to put my mind too. I would like to think that I have done the same. In the time that we spend together, I pray that this feeling continues to grow and usurp the minds of those who like to think otherwise. That is not trying to prove to others the validity of my relationship -- the proof is our actions. And if you don't think that that's enough -- just watch... give it time... you'll be amazed as to what two motivated Black youths can do when love is involved.

I love you, G.P. -- My message from me to you.


10 Comments:

Blogger Ivana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 31, 2004 at 10:53 AM

 
Blogger Ivana said...

Finally. I was wondering when you were going to fess up to it.

December 31, 2004 at 10:54 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Love is beautiful.

'Nough said.

January 2, 2005 at 12:30 AM

 
Blogger SunShyn said...

its a beautiful thing...

January 2, 2005 at 7:17 PM

 
Blogger MissInterpret said...

Whats up lil bro...you have actually motivated me to write an article based on what you just wrote. Black love IS beautiful...when you can achieve it. (Some of us are stuggling to get a "Black date")

Oh...and I TOLD YOU SO...

Don't ever try to tell me you ain't in love, I saw it in your eyes a month and a half ago.

January 3, 2005 at 11:25 AM

 
Blogger Sunnchine said...

Congrats man! You sound sooooo happy and it actually rubbed off on me a little :). Like Dayrell said, love is a beautiful thing - and your kool-aid smile was the exclamation point!

January 6, 2005 at 11:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, that's so sweet.

January 11, 2005 at 3:25 PM

 
Blogger Shana said...

Wow you put that Teddy Pendergrass song in my mind. . . ***singing to self**** "It's so easy loving somebody when somebodly loves you back". . . YES YES YES My Brotha you got it. . . the idea of love, what it holds. . .what it can bring you. . . you got it. . .I feel the exact same way for the person in my life right now. . .and I've never felt this way. . .it's a mature love, a healthy love, a love that is uplifting in so many ways and on so many levels. . .I'm glad you've found that, everyone should get the pleasure of experiencing such a love. . .It's good to know a brotha out there finally gets it

January 14, 2005 at 11:20 AM

 
Blogger mr.kamoji said...

just stop by; like your writing. dude i feel you on that. congrats. its like i know exactly what you are talking about especially after i read speechless.

January 20, 2005 at 7:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drop on by and browse through a huge archive of cartoon joke

This is one of the many jokes i found amongst the many joke categorys:
A man walks into his favorite bar and saw a bum panhandeling. The bum asked if the man could spare a dollar. The man replied "If I give you money are you going to use it to buy liquor?" The bum said he would not, so the man asked "If I give you money are you going to use it for gambling?" Again the bum said he would not, so the man asked "Would you come home with me so I can show my wife what happenes to someone who doesnt gamble or drink?"

November 3, 2005 at 11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home