Friday, November 05, 2004

"Updates"

-- November 5th, 2004 --



It's been a minute since I last posted something, so I'll give you some updates.

Voted. It was my first time voting for a Presidential Candidate. The media blitz had been intense since May. I was working for a company that was trying to bring awareness to a progressive candidate (i.e. Kerry). Puff was threatening death to people who didn't cast their vote. Michael Moore came to my campus to reinterate the importance of our vote and that Bush is indeed a stupid white man in office. The Youth was backed by BET, MTV, anyone who wished to put a spotlight on the 18-23 year old demographic and tap into their hopes and fears unlike any other election prior to. All in hopes of getting everyone with the ability to vote to do so.

...then, in the end...



BUSH WINS!!!!

Hmph!!! All that effort flushed down the drain for what? Some damn "VOTE OR DIE" T-Shirts. I mean now that basically everyone's hopes have been shattered -- how do you get them to vote in four years?

...Moving on...



Congratulations to my boys for crossing those burning sands of Omega Psi Phi. I took this picture when they were doing their probate show (or pro-show). It was live. I mean I don't know how many people have ever been to one, but if you ever get a chance to see one, it's interesting to be a part of one. Catchphrase of that night was, "The Truth is in the BUILDING..." Oh, another one that had people singing that whole night and a few days afterwards was...

"I used to drive a Cadillac...
...But my DP took it back...
Now, I drive a Chevrolet...
Cause I'm pledging EVERYDAY!!"

...Continuing...



Is the West Coast back?!!?

Forget what you heard... scrap anything that was left in your mind a few months back. Detox is back on! I'm glad to be hearing that Dre will be putting out his final album before he just focuses on producing. For those that do not know about Detox -- listen to The Game's album when it drops -- some of the beats that were to be used for the album will be on his featured debut. Is it just me or is Aftermath shaping up to be quite a powerhouse. Busta Rhymes & Flipmode Squad, 50 Cent & G-Unit, Slim Shady, Eve, Stat Quo, Sha Money XL -- Dre himself... Business will be good for this quarter and next quarter releases.

....Last, but not least!!!



What more can I say?!!?

Live the hype! See the truth unfold in front of your eyes... Look as there WAS peace and harmony between Jay-Hov and R. Kellz. I am a BIG Jay-Z fan, if there ever was one, nah'mean! I had to buy "Streets is Watching" when it came on DVD, but anyways -- if this is showing in a theater near you, go peep it. It's not where I'm at and I'm lightweight salty, but when/if comes out on DVD -- I WILL COP!

That is all for the updates... I'll be back soon enough. Be Blessed & Stay Righteous.


5 Comments:

Blogger Ivana said...

The t-shirts should have said "VOTE AND DIE." I'll be moving to Trinidad for the next few years. Care to come with?

November 7, 2004 at 5:28 PM

 
Blogger K-Star said...

Sorry, I already have my tickets reserved for Brazil. :)

November 7, 2004 at 5:45 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

About to go see FADE TO BLACK this weekend. Can't wait. :)

November 11, 2004 at 3:40 AM

 
Blogger K-Star said...

You gotta tell me how "Fade to Black" REALLY is!!! Pllllleeeasssseee!!! :)

November 13, 2004 at 8:37 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Sure hon! :)

November 16, 2004 at 2:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home