Tuesday, November 23, 2004

"Updates" Part II

-- November 23rd, 2004 --




Yes, I haven't written in this for awhile. I was celebrating my birthday since last Thursday. For those who know me or those who are getting to know me -- understand that I love this time of the year. I look at it like it's a Holiday. Well, anyways... I figured that I should clue y'all into my whereabouts for the past week or so.

Thursday -- I went out on a date (for those who read the piece about my sabbatical, trust and understand that I am taking my time with this one...) -- it was great. I was actually NERVOUS. That doesn't happen too often, so she has to be someone that I figure is unique. The University sponsored a free showing of Alexander before it was to be released nationwide in theaters -- students got free tickets. So, I had a few free tickets and invited her to come with... We get there and it was sold out. I decided that we should see "Saw" -- no point in wasting a trip, especially if I'm paying... :)



Great movie. If you have a chance -- go see it. In my opinion, it's better than "The Grudge" -- I'm a big suspense, "who done it," type of guy. One of my favorite movie's of all times is "The Usual Suspects" and "Seven"...so, this movie was right up my alley. For those who seen it know how annoying that doll is... Funny, how people who are sooooo "gangsta" when they go in the movies, become a punk during the scary stuff. So... the date and I had fun. She showed interests... which was good...

Friday -- This was the culmination of the Que's Founder's Week. I had performed some of my poetry at the "Women's Appreciation Night" which was also slick. But on Friday... it was all about the Apollo Night. It was in the Ballroom -- much more spacious than where it was held the year before... so the boo's were more potent and vile... Black folks need to do more than be able to sing and dance for a talent. ...And there was... the miscellaneous rappers... Oh, my gawrsh, we're dying by the hundreds. It was hilarious though. I couldn't boo -- I guess I believe in karma. But I know that in my mind I was hoping that someone would take more than half of these lames off the stage. Some people in particular should just hang it up and stick to attaining that degree... but, who am I to judge...?

*Sidenote: Black folks in College can NEVER have an African-American Idol, because they're more inclined to rank on people rather than judge them accordingly.

After the Apollo Night, I went to the Robin Hood to go see my best friend Jelani (pictured below) stroll...



He's proud about being a Kappa and that's cool -- but it was WAY too packed at the Robin Hood. It only fits about 350 people, there was a lot more than that. I extremely dislike having to get through a sea of people over and over again JUST to dance. Let there be SOME type of space. So, I bounced out. Try to call ol' girl and she was asleep, so I went to sleep.



Saturday -- [In Dave Chappelle voice] "It's a celebration, BITCHES!!! I can never be traditional, we threw a little party on Saturday to celebrate my Birthday after midnight on Saturday. It was good. Earlier in the day, G.P. came down to see me and we spent most of the day hanging out. Always cool to be around someone who is unique. Well... she cheated at pool, won one game of air hockey (I won the other game), and walked around campus until we reached Chipotle's. I ate, she watched. We took pictures. Joked and laughed. Went to hang out with my boy Kent -- he, of course, had company. My sister, Samantha, was there...

*Sidenote: She got me this ill Malcolm X t-shirt. Thanks again!!!

It was shaping up to be a great birthday winning weekend for K-Star. We hung out for a while, texting G.P. in-between downs of College Football 2005 for Playstation 2. Oh.. I forgot, Ivana -- shouts out to you as well -- she got me, "The Spook Who Sat By The Door," -- the book (I had wanted the DVD) -- but, it's still all well and good, got to read and keep the temple strong. :)

So, after PS2, me and G.P. went back to my house and watch "The Butterfly Effect." I had already seen it (or so I thought), and she was interested in the movie.. she kind of got lost, but it wasn't nothing too bad... But I guess it had an alternate ending, because I hadn't seen that ending. The ending I had seen was different than the one we were watching at the time. But all well and good. We started watching something else and the flirting was good. I'm the master of the flirt! :)

....It was then.... we kissed... it was soft, yet passionate -- becoming strong over the course of our lips being united. :) Okay, too much information...

We go back to the dorm where the party is already starting and popping off for me, you know!! Associates, those who I am cool with, friends, and those who are close like family to me are all in my presence as I walk up and down using my birthday as the excuse as to why I should be granted everything under the Sun. After the stroke of midnight, it was officially my DAY!!! My birthday!!! :) G.P. bounced out to head back home. We STILL talked after she got home for about an hour or so. It's great right now. I hope that it lasts.

We partied till about 5 o'clock in the morning. Passed out. My hyperactive self woke up at 8:36 in the morning and played GTA: San Andreas until everyone else woke up.

Sunday -- Was treated to a birthday breakfast and a treat of food until I had my full. I got "Van Helsing" on DVD as a gift, the Malcolm X t-shirt, money, a couple of e-cards, some real cards, it was great! Still got some more gifts on the way. My birthday was great. I really enjoyed it.

Well, that was a little bit of what has been up. I'll try to write more when I get the chance to. Be Blessed and Stay Righteous, y'all...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ivana said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday. Ride it for all it's worth.

November 23, 2004 at 4:31 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Sounds like you did the damn thang K-star!! I expected that from you anyway. ;)

Hey did you like your card?

November 24, 2004 at 9:42 AM

 
Blogger kiesha said...

happy belated birthday!

November 24, 2004 at 12:53 PM

 
Blogger K-Star said...

I just got to check my e-mails, Dayrell -- Thank you very much. I saw your e-card, it was funny. I liked it a lot.

November 24, 2004 at 4:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home