Saturday, November 27, 2004

"God & Girls"

-- November 27th, 2004 --



I am dating. Yes, once again I am taking that chance to express myself to the opposite sex. It seems to be working because one in particular is interested in me as much as I am in her. A change seems to be event because patience is indeed a virtue in this situation. I have been a firm believer that if I was to be interested in another woman the way that I am now that I would take it as slow as possible. For those who know me, know how aggressive of a person I can be -- it's in my nature. So, for me to change my ways is a good sign of the direction that I wish to take in my life currently.

Others wish to have that same feeling. A song that recently was introduced to me was, "Cater 2 U," by Destiny's Child -- that song is what EVERY man wants at least ONCE! But I'm getting off subject.

I am not a deeply religious person, I admit that. I am willing to learn, which differentiates me from most people. But what do you do when you are a devout person trying to go about getting into a relationship slowly and try to do it the "right" way? Can feelings be invested if you've never laid eyes on this person? Does love blossom under the conditions that I will go into detail about?

A friend of mines is in love. A beautiful feeling if anything. She insists that he is in love with each other and that they will be indeed be together for a long time. That he is... "the One." One thing stopping me from saying that that is true -- she's never seen him. She's never been in his presence. She doesn't have his phone number. She contacts him through means of e-mails and instant messager messages. He calls her, but not on a regular basis. Can love blossom through those means? One would say that communication is the key to making a relationship work, but if that is the only means without a visual aid -- is it worth doing the work if there is no payoff?

I am good friends with this Sistah -- she is a good person. Don't know the history of whom she may have been in her younger days, but what she says that she is doing to better herself is indeed admirable. I feel sad that she doesn't see what is right in front of her face -- meaning the truth about her "relationship". Mind you, I am not trying to condemn or put hate upon the relationship -- if she finds some type of satisfaction from it that she can be happy with, then more power to her. But I would hope that some type of common sense is being applied to the rules and regulations of a "relationship". I really hope the best for her and her union because she is making progress as a person and to put her hopes into something that is NOT stable is something that may make or break her relationship with the Lord.

What would you do? Questions remain the height of the relationship. More doubt and cloudiness are more involved than quality time and intimate moments. If a man cannot be open with you and still be able to profess the love for another -- is it true? Is it genuine? Is there a story to be told? A lie can continue to be expressed if distance is lengthened. I really hope that it is not true, that this brotha can open himself up because she is in "love" with the faceless man. No trial, no tribulation can outlast those whom you deeply love. If this is true -- God-willing -- then, no problems should be had by both my friend and her mate, as far as this certain issue is concerned. But if not, use your judgement, do NOT get wrapped up in words -- because words are shallow when expressed with no meaning or intent.

But the question still remains -- what would YOU do?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dayrell said...

Hey K. I just wanted to say...

I'm glad to see you back in the relationship game again.

;)

I knew you could do it! And, I'm soooo proud of you for discovering patience to. What?? Oh, I'd never thought I see that day when 'ol K-star is patient (wit' ya Speedy Gonzalas ass, lol!)...naw, i'm kidding.

But really. Good luck. Let me know details. And as always, I'll catch up 'wit 'cha.

Peace. :)

November 30, 2004 at 7:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God and Girls??...aah a little confused but i love your closing line.."do NOT get wrapped up in words -- because words are shallow when expressed with no meaning or intent." this is very true. ppl say a lot of things..hell, i even rant on and on, just for the sake of conversation..but at the end, it is important to decipher (spelling?..lol) what words were heartfelt..

December 2, 2004 at 7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home