Thursday, October 07, 2004

"Quench My Thirst"

-- October 7th, 2004 --




Gawrsh, it is a gift and a curse when it comes to being single. I mean -- you aren't spending your money on her, can come and go as you please, don't have to hear her mouth when/if she's upset. On the flipside, your bed is empty. You have no one to really be the affectionate ear to listen to you complain and not think that you're annoying. Or laugh at the jokes that only you find funny.

Relationships are a crazy thing. What I've noticed these past few years is that us, as males, in addition to some females -- are thirsty.

Thirsty -- v. -- Wanting or desiring a person of the opposite sex to the extreme degree.

Yes, for some it doesn't matter if you have all of your teeth, just as long as the face is cute and the posterior is stacked -- you'll do. For women, it may be something materialistic that you own, or the fact that you have good hair. All in all -- we want what we want now -- no waiting or patience in-between.

I titled this, "Quench My Thirst" -- because of that impatience that I am feeling right now. It's just a phase that'll surely pass, but that loneliness feeling... when it creeps up, it hits hard. No, I wasn't surrounded by a lot of lovebirds, nor was I around a bunch of sex-crazed fiends. It was a mixed bunch. The bottom line is that I saw people who I was attracted to and I wanted to see how far it could go. But as I looked around the room -- I see a whole lotta Brothas just standing there at this party just staring at anything that was bouncing or girating to the sounds of Reggae, Slow R&B, or Rap.

I, myself, was dancing, because that's what I do. But tese females are coming to me dancing with me because "Guy A" is saying, "You in the yellow... come here..." and it's actually not working. ...That is... at the time, because after the party this particular Sista was definitely networking with this Brotha and disappeared with him after the party was over. All well and good, all I ask is to know what you want -- please... being indecisive is NEVER the answer.

It is just right now I wish that I could have someone to hold onto and care about solely. Whereas this is not the case, I can't help how I feel. In the morning, I will have no recollection of how I felt and will move on from this. I just had to write about it. So, please... bear with me... it is an arduous journey and this is just one of my many pit stops..

8 Comments:

Blogger Dayrell said...

Awww... :')

I believe you will one day find your queen. *smile* :)

October 8, 2004 at 11:12 AM

 
Blogger K-Star said...

Eh... maybe so, maybe not -- I was just going through that loneliness funk. :) Day 2: Still going through the motions. I say -- by Saturday, I should be alright. :) Just gotta give up going to the Club where I see so many females frequent the clubs and thirsty guys trying to get a drink.

October 8, 2004 at 8:19 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

LoL! I tell ya, you are just too much K-Star. Really! Too much for your own good sometimes. *smile* (No, I'm kidding)...

But, I'll catch up with you though... :)

October 9, 2004 at 3:27 AM

 
Blogger K-Star said...

Day 3: Perfect healthy and back to sanityville. :) Oh and about that crush I have -- something is indeed there it's just deciphering what the hell it is and make sure I'm seeing the same thing that she is seeing..

October 9, 2004 at 7:20 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

LoL...

Don't worry my dear Star-ry boy. Cheer up! You'll be just fine. Really. I can feeeeel it

....And, trust me, Dayrell never lies, lol. But, hey, If your curious mind-set has you feeling like this Star(speaking in a love jones sense), then I say, JUST GO FOR IT my brotha!! Follow your kind 'ol heart. Let your heart speak to this (beautiful) love interest in mind. And, from there, I believe you can't go wrong. :)

But, on another note, I'll catch up 'wit 'cha...

October 10, 2004 at 11:17 PM

 
Blogger Jazz said...

YOU KNOW WHAT,...IMMA BE REAL. IT'S DAM IF YOU DO,..DAM IF YOU DON'T. RIGHT NOW,..YOU WANT ALL THAT,...THEN SOONER OR LATER,..YOU WILL GET IT,...AFTER AWHILE,....YOU WILL MISS BEING SINGLE. YOU ARE RIGHT! IT IS A GIFT AND A CURSE! I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH A GREAT GUY AND I MISS SLEEPING ALONE. I MISS MY SPACE. I MISS BEING SINGLE.

IT'S LIKE, YOU QUENCH YOUR THIRST WITH GATERADE BUT THEN YOU WANT A COKE,...NO SCRATCH THAT, A COCKTAIL,....NOPE, MAYBE SOME COOL AID. SEE? NEVER SATISFIED.

October 11, 2004 at 9:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you -- that's why I am trying to hold out for a woman who owns a bar, grocery store, and a water fountain. You feel me?

October 11, 2004 at 10:57 PM

 
Blogger Ivana said...

I thought you were going to quench my thirst. Get at me ;)

October 18, 2004 at 7:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home