Tuesday, October 26, 2004

"My Sister & Me..."

-- October 26th, 2004 --



Family is a beautiful thing, isn't it? To know that someone has your back till the wheels fall off is a refreshing and safe feeling, right? Wish I could share that feeling with my immediate family. The people who I came into this World knowing as my family are a bunch of looney-tunes. Not saying that they won't have my back and wouldn't try to fight my battles, it's just that I know that everything with my family has a price. Mainly a monetary price.

I had to fill out a FAFSA form for my Spring semester at the University I attend. So, money is very tight for Kevin right now because he needs to be able to have loot for books and other miscellaneous bills that may rear its ugly head. Upon telling that to my family and being on campus for the play that I'm in (picture coming soon) -- I was under the belief that they were going to support what I was trying to do. WRONG! I had came back home one night after play practice to see a bill sitting in front of this very computer that I am on right now.

The bill was for... get this... $2,654.18. Now where they got 18 cents from is beyond my reason of comprehension. But, the bill wasn't all that far-fetched. Listing some things for my car insurance (monthly) and putting some funds in for the electric bill, were understandable and well within reason. But I could NOT fathom how could someone try and tax me for sleeping on the couch where I live?!!? $10 for sleeping on the couch, $20 dollars for sleeping in. Hell, I didn't have anything else to do till a certain time. Nothing to be done around the house, so if I laid on the couch until 9:45 when my Mom goes to work at 8:45, doesn't seem too harsh, now, does it?!!?

I was livid. I told one of my best and closest friends about it and her words were -- "Get out of the house... IMMEDGIATELY!!!

That is her in the picture with me. It was taken some time ago at her family's block party in Akron (home of LeBron James). I say that she is my sister because she has always been there for me through thick and thin when others weren't. When my own sister had (and has) her habit of doing shady business, my best friend is there to rectify the situation.

In part, I am writing this to express my gratitude to her for us not only being friends for a hella long time (is it going on double-digit years, yet?!), but to also to tell her the potential that she has within her own faculties.

S. Boogie -- you are going to accomplish great works sooner as opposed to later. You have the drive, ambition, courage, and resolve to be the best at whatever you decide to put your mind to. Those divas need to understand that there. Do not sweat the small stuff -- who cares if you don't have a boyfriend or a Man or whatever people want to call it. It only hinders you in the long run. Look at Oprah -- she ain't married Stedman and she's a BILLIONAIRE!!!! You have opportunity beating down your door, so let that be your guide to everything else you wish to have in life. I am proud to call you my friend, elated to know you as my best friend, and inspired enough to say that you are family in my eyes. Love you, always -- be blessed and stay righteous.

Your Little Brother -- K-Star...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It SO feels good to have great friends that you know you can confide in when your family is doing you grimey. I feel your pain brotha. My family hasn't left me the bill though...yet. It's kind of a diff situation w/ me and my folk, but equally as troubled. Keep your head up though and thank God daily for your "sister".

November 1, 2004 at 11:08 AM

 
Blogger K-Star said...

Thanks for the show of respect when concerning this topic. I agree -- Families can be a fucked up situation in its own right. But it can be a beautiful thing, as well... I hope to prove this point to be true one day.

November 1, 2004 at 5:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DANG K-STAR! JUST KNOW THAT GOD TAKES CARE OF HIS KIDS AND PEOPLE THAT WRONG YOU WILL SEE IT AGAIN. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS.

November 1, 2004 at 9:52 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Hey Brotha Star! I haven't been on your blog in a minute. And, I see that I have a lot of catching up to do to. *smile*

I like your post. Nice pic man. I agree with you to, friendships are truly a beautiful thang. And, I cherish ALL of mine to the fullest....the ancient ones, newest ones, beginning ones...and especially those destined to come in the future. Mos def. *smile* :)

PS: How's that LL frame coming along young one? I mean, what's the science man? Peep me up on the 411-scope, shooot! He he! ;)

November 2, 2004 at 5:58 PM

 
Blogger Jazz said...

DANG K-STAR! JUST KNOW THAT GOD TAKES CARE OF HIS KIDS AND PEOPLE THAT WRONG YOU WILL SEE IT AGAIN. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS.

sorry K-Star, had some posting issues.

November 3, 2004 at 10:44 PM

 
Blogger TiPeach said...

i have no friends...nah lemme stop.I'm feeling ya blog Mr. Star. Hope things work out for you...Don't worry, your conjugal family may not always be there for you, but you've always got Kin! ...so yea.

TiPeach

November 9, 2004 at 5:37 PM

 
Blogger Mz. 831 said...

Beatiful write...

November 15, 2004 at 5:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog post.

I thought your readers would like to see this site as well:
state farm car insurance or check out http://www.officialautoinsurancedeal.com for state farm car insurance info.

November 2, 2005 at 6:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend just showed me this neat website full of hurricane joke katrina
I cant believe the quantity an quality of humerous hurricane joke katrina it contains
Heres one of the jokes i found on it:
Bob brought some friends home to his apartment one night after they had been out painting the town. One friend noticed a big brass gong in Bobs bedroom and asked about it."Thats not a gong" Bob replied "thats a talking clock. Watch this!"
Bob struck the gong and sure enough a voice on the other side of the wall screamed "Hey your jerk its 3 o'clock in the morning!"

November 3, 2005 at 6:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home