Tuesday, September 21, 2004

"Welcome To My Planet"

-- Sept. 21st, 2004 --




What if the World was Black? Would it be a paradise? Would the experiences we've gone through these past four years (or four hundred) ever have happened? I don't have the answers -- maybe you do...

I am writing this to say that Blackplanet.com consumes my life. It is a sickness that I can't seem to break free from. Hell -- the other tab on this very page is Blackplanet.com. I do nothing more but look at pictures to see if this face on my computer screen MAY have some interesting conversation. (Doesn't hurt to be single, either) -- :)

Not saying that BP.com is bad. I've met plenty of good people who I still converse with till this day. Also introduced myself to a few entrepeneurs who are really influencing MY direction in life. So -- when you find those like-minded individuals -- it is really a good idea, Blackplanet, because I have many experiences just from this website alone.

My first trip to Cincinnati was due to meeting someone on this very page who liked my poetry. I performed down there and made a few friends in the process. My first trip to New York was in part due to a friend who has made me think in a few new directions over the course of my life while examining hers. The other part -- I had to see the City before it was too late. Man, if I would've timed it better -- and was given word about the Block Party -- I would've went around that time. But... I still went and had a blast.

I think the reason why Blackplanet works so well is the human need to understand others. I am glad that Blackplanet added onto some of my life's experiences. Not everything is good about it. I just have to stop being addicted to it. Go outside and play ball or something.


3 Comments:

Blogger Dayrell said...

Yea, Blackplanet.com is my favorite place to. Feels like a cyberspace "home". ;)

September 28, 2004 at 9:11 AM

 
Blogger K-Star said...

More like a trapped feeling you get as the hours pass by rapidly.

October 3, 2004 at 9:49 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

LoL!

October 9, 2004 at 3:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home