Thursday, September 16, 2004

"Impossible Is Nothing"

-- Sept. 17th, 2004 --



"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a World they've been given, rather than explore the power they have to change it.
Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion.
Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare.
Impossible is potential.
Impossible is temporary.

Impossible is Nothing."
--Adidas Ad (2004)


Impossible is... nothing, right? Right! I have sat idly by for some time and watched as others have rose to prominence. I have been a passenger for too long. It has been past time for me to adopt this carpe diem attitude, but it's necessary for the arduous journey that I want to embark on. In previous posts, I have enlightened, shared my persona with those who've been inclined to read. I have been at some lows, highs, and middle grounds. I have ran the gambit of emotions that many people go through from time to time. I say that because I am at the point at which emotions only hinder the direction that which to head towards.

Am I saying that I am to be heartless? No. Am I saying that I will let the small stuff sweat me? Hell, nah. What I am saying is that being focused is the key to making my obstacles seem paper-thin. Remember the movie that said, "If you build it... they will come..." -- well, that is the same that can be said for myself. I believe that nothing for myself is impossible. That whatever I want will come, whether it be in due time or as soon as possible. Whether it's a goal or an attraction that I have in mind -- it will bend to my will. Anything that doesn't wasn't meant to be or had another destination to meet.

My being comes first. That meaning -- I must take care of my own business. Whether that be handling my financial responsibilities or carry out goals that I set for myself, I must be the captain of my own ship. In College, you have many males who go to gain higher knowledge of not only themselves but their surroundings, but many fall to the wayside. It may be because of laziness, they fall victim to the "game", or may have gotten someone pregnant and no longer can live that part of their life. I will not become a statistic. Emphasis on statistic. We all will be one in one way or another. But I choose not to become one of the negative kind. I will hone my skills to be the best they possibly can.

The reason why I am on this tangent is because what I see around me is that if you handle your business -- you're more inclined to be able to, not only, weed out detractors to your own success, but, also be able to know what is best for you -- because of what you demand for yourself. My friend from NY is an inspiration to me in more ways than I can describe. In the time that I've been able to get to know more about this person -- I have learned that the more you stay true to yourself, others, and make sure you stay on top of your game then... nothing is impossible.

This coming from a 19 year old, huh?

So, I demand no less from myself -- because all I have is myself. I will be the BEST because I will it to be so. Cocky... a little. Confident... too much for my own good now that I have began to decide moreso what it IS I want for sure. Convinced... you be the judge. I now declare that I put my feet to the cliff with my back to the wind, daring it to budge me. Why? Because I see past doubt. I laugh in fear's face. I crush adversity. I push pass detractors. And with that feeling now coursing through my veins -- I know now that impossible is nothing, because I desire it to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home