Sunday, August 22, 2004

"Confrontation With The Man In The Mirror"

-- August 22nd, 2004 --



"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."

-- George Washington




I am dealing with my past with hopes of conquering my future. For the past few days (posts) -- I have been going through the motions. I feel at my lowest right now. It is somewhat indescribable because I am still trying to diagnose the problem. I am insecure. Unsure about the type of legacy that I will leave behind. It's a constant issue that faces me on a daily basis.

It is on that belief that I feel that I will truly be alone. For as much as I would want to be with someone and share my life and thoughts with them, I don't feel that that is something that'll happen with me. Maybe I'm too much of an ass-hole, too much of a smart-aleck to have someone deal with me. Maybe I am too focused on the whole having someone in my life... in my heart. The burden that I place on myself just to see other's happy is limiting mine own potential. Is it that I am too afraid to sacrifice what I feel is near and dear to me in order to focus on what is BEST for me? I've tried to look within myself and find answers, but to no avail -- I haven't figured out anything and it is a hinderance because I pride myself on knowing everything. What hurts is when you do not know what your next move is and doubly trying when everyone around you seems to be moving fast and you feel like you're stuck in neutral.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dayrell said...

All that you seek will come to you. And believe me, you will be great in all that you discover to become!! I never forget to remember that, direction in life is timeless and limitless. Your path in life is equivalent to infinity. Rule books and factual manuals all remain non-existent in association with the many directions/paths you choose to take in life. Therefore, your heart is your only guide, I always say. Yes, stumbles are likely to occur during your travel (surely) but, these are only lessons in disguise. All things come to us for a reason and are only there to reinforce our determination. So, don't be down my man. You will start moving those feet as soon as you know it! No doubt! :)

August 31, 2004 at 10:00 PM

 
Blogger K-Star said...

Thank you very much. Ladies and gentlemen, here we have OUR FIRST COMMENT! YAY!!! ::insert balloons and streamers here::

September 2, 2004 at 2:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home